Sautéed kale with garlic and sesame seeds
How to cook kale simply – sautéed kale with garlic and sesame seeds. A healthy way to cook fresh kale! by Hilah Cooking
- 1 bunch fresh kale
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- a few drops toasted sesame oil (optional)
- Wash the kale by rinsing or submerging in a bowl of water and swishing it around. Pull the leafy parts from the stems. Discard the stems. Tear the leaves into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or wok over high heat for a minute.
- Add the garlic and cook only about 15-20 seconds until it starts to smell fragrant. Add the sesame seeds and half the kale.
- Sprinkle with half the salt and toss around a few minutes until kale starts to wilt. Add in remaining kale and continue to cook until it’s softened and reduced in volume by half. It should still be bright green.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with sesame oil. Serve hot or at room temperature.